DJI Mavic Air 2 vs Mavic Air vs Mavic Mini:
I've heard that the Mavic Air 2 is now like a mini version of the DJI Mavic 2 pro... big claims.
- Both Drones have the folding design, great for travel and carrying around
- The Air 2 is heavier than the Mavic Air (Make is better in wind)
- The Air 2 has OcuSync 2.0, which makes it much more reliable over distances. 10km, compared to 4km and a more stable signal
- Size: DJI Mavic Air is: 168×184×64mm, the Mavic Air 2 is: 183×253×77mm.
- The gimbal guard is still a pain on both models
- The smart controller isn't compatible with the Air 2 (Yet)
- A massive 34 minute flight time for the DJI Mavic Air 2 compared to 21 minutes for the Air (That's 3 minutes longer than the Mavic 2!)
- 4K video unlike the original Air
- Active track 3.0 is available (Which is good!)
- The ability to record 8K hyperlapse video (We'll be seeing some of these on YouTube I imagine!)
- Video and photo capability is better than the original Air
The DJI Mavic Air 2 is a decent step up from the Mavic Air in just about every department:
- Image quality (Stills and video)
- Battery life
It's an obvious choice between the Mavic Air and Mavic Air 2.
If you're after shooting in 4K video, track moving objects then the Mavic Air 2 is a better choice... Plus the fact that the Air 2 will be more stable and better in the wind!